- Kaitlyn Smith ’22
Bored during quarantine? Me too. It feels like I have done every activity possible. For weeks now, I have experimented with tie-dyeing, which has been a horrible fail, have knitted with every inch of yarn, and have made more than enough face masks to wear.
I am starting to go crazy, while still searching for ways to occupy myself outside of school work and studying. Staying in touch with friends on a Zoom call or Facetime has helped the time pass by, but not enough time. Here are a few arts & crafts/ ideas to keep us all sane during this time:
- Start and complete a puzzle! A long, tedious 1000 piece puzzle can sound like a pain to some, but is a great way to pass the time.
- Start a journal/ blog about your days in quarantine. Every day, document what you did that day in your journal and look back years later!
- Make TikToks with your family! Keep up with the current trends on the app, where you can lip
sync to videos, master the dances, and have fun!
- Watch all of Netflix! This may seem like a last resort, but now’s the perfect time to binge those
cheesy rom-com Christmas movies or watch some newly popular shows. Like, Tiger King or Outer Banks!
- Bake and cook! Gather every random ingredient in your homes and bake. Find the “world’s best” bread recipe or bake a 2-ingredient cake! Anything that helps pass the time!
Photo provided by Kaitlyn Smith ’22