- Bennett Kruse ’21 & Karina Carlos ’21
The seniors have left the building, but there is just one issue left unresolved. No, not graduation or prom. No, not Kairos or college shirt day. All of my staff writers for Backpage are now gone. No. Not gone. Ghosted. I woke up Wednesday morning at the crack of dawn, 11:00am 🙁 , to lead a zoom meeting where I sat on my phone for 10 minutes waiting. I was stood up. So, in an attempt to take back my dignity, I am going to make a list of reasons why you should be on Backpage. Seriously, please email me if you want to write.
- You can hang out with me every X period
- You will have constant affirmation from me
- I will (maybe) bring you candy
- Those really cute Heartbeat sweatshirts
- We give you donuts when we publish
- I will be happy and will never get stood up again <3
-By Bennett Kruse
if you’re reading this it’s too late
by karina carlos
hi everyone. you may not know me, but i
used to write for the oP-ed section of heartbeat.
recentLy, i havE been recruited by bennett to
write for the bAckpage. no, i waS not thrEatened
by Him. bEnnett is my friend, i Love the back-
Page. happy to be writing!!!